Thursday, July 21, 2011

My BBF- Best Bike Friend

Schwinn Windwood Women's Cruiser Bike (26-Inch Wheels, Pink) I recently got a bike. It's my best bike friend. I think it's because it gives me a reason to take a break from life (kids, chores, and all that stresses me out).  It really does keep my stress levels down! I feel more relaxed and ready to face those messy kids (yes, even the ornery two year old!) and even conquer that massive pile of laundry and dishes!


After riding around the neighborhood a few times I realized that people are, truly, and naturally creative and it shows in the most obvious of places; their own front yards! I have seen things that I would never of thought to do. 


So in honor of front yard (and even alleyway) art work, I will now be posting weekly installments, on Thursdays, of;  Color of a Mommy introduces: Yard Art.


It's the first thing people see when they come to your home; the front yard (or back yard; depending on where guests enter your home; at my grandma's house everyone enters through the back door). What do you want the first thing people see to say about you?




Now technically this is not yard art because I didn't find it in someone's yard or even on personal property; but I really liked it and thought that the saying was inspirational.   I do not however condone defacement of public property nor graffiti of any kind on property that is not legally yours; this is illegal and shouldn't be done. That being said and out of the way, art can be found anywhere. This was the first thing I found on my very first bike ride and I thought that it needed to be documented in some form and out of that idea flowed the idea for creating a yard art blog post once a week on fun items that I found on my bike rides. 


So wait no longer! Here is the first installment of Yard Art:


A creature with an idea? Maybe he figured out how to manage his depth perception considering his one eye and all.

A depiction of a cave painting of a sun?

Dey even gotz da bling!

My husband's interpretation is and I quote: " Nature show with a zebra close 
up?"

I don't even know what to say!!? What do you think? What is your interpretation? 


I hope you enjoyed the first installment of Yard Art and hope you enjoy the many more postings to come!

















No comments:

Post a Comment